Monday, January 28, 2008

A Heart Changed Forever

1 John 3:1
"See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God."
Psalm 9:1-2
"I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; I will tell of your wonders.
I will be glad and exult in You; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."
This evening, January 28, 2008 is a night that our family will never forget. Our sweet Karli became a Christian tonight. For several months she has been asking many questions and has had such a desire to know more about God and to understand what it really means to be a Christian. We have answered her questions and read verses and books about our Lord to her. Tonight, as we were putting her to bed she asked, "When Can I become a Christian?" I told her that she could become a Christian anytime. She said that she had prayed in her bed a couple of nights ago. I told her that Daddy and I would love to pray with her so that we can make sure she understands what it means to ask Jesus into her heart. Jon and I kneeled at her bed and slowly prayed with her.
My eyes are still filled with tears! How Great is our God! Through the eyes of my child I am reminded that this world is not my home. God has prepared a place for us in Heaven. It is my prayer that all who read this will know that Jesus came to this earth to save us from our sins so that we can be truly forgiven and spend eternity with God.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Kelli,

Tears of joy were falling into my morning cup of coffee as I read your post. Thank you for sharing.

Nancy

Lauren said...

Praise God! It is so precious to see God give your children a tender heart. It is so great to be connected with your family again!

michelle said...

That is so sweet! What a special night for you guys! We praise the Lord that He has written her name in the Lambs Book of Life!
Miss you guys!

Kelli said...

Kel, Praise God! Lord willing, I can't wait for that day in Ivy's life. Thanks for sharing! Kelli e.

Ashley Kostjuk said...

Sweet Karli,
What a special night this is for you. Not only are you precious in your parents eyes, but God's eyes. He created you. We pray that your faith will continue to grow in our God and that you will honor Him in your life.
Love,
Kostjuk Family

Unknown said...

Karli ~ Papa and I are so excited for your new faith in our Lord Jesus.... We are continuing to pray for you to grow more in love with Him every day!
Dawn Iverson