It is almost bed time (for the kids that is). After a fun, yet long day it is time to start winding down and getting ready for bed. Ahh Peacefulness! UNTIL I hear the loud screaming and crying coming from the basement. I jump up to check it out just as Karli runs up the stairs and says something about Ben. Of course it is Ben who is crying...yet I'm not sure why! Once down there, I run to Ben as Jacob proceeds to tell me that Ben has stuck a bead up his nose. (A very large, purple bead). Thoughts of the emergency room flash through my head as I am squeezing his little nose trying to get the bead out. SUCCESS! Finally the purple bead pops out of my child's nose! Once he stopped crying, I had a good talk with Ben about all of the places on his body that beads may never ever go!
Although this blog entry would've been more interesting if we had made a trip to the ER with a purple bead in Ben's nose (did I mention that Jon is out of town!). I am relieved to be typing this and laughing and thinking that someday my house will not be quite so eventful!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I will admit I stuck a bead up my nose, during naptime at pre-school when I was about Ben's age. At the time I had the sniffles due to having a cold at the time. Yep... I ended up at the ER to have the bead removed. The scary thing about it was neither one of my parents were present while I was there. CRAZY!!!
Anyways, I still remember the nurses holding (or should I say pinning) me down as the doctor stuck some long, skinny probe up my nostril to dig the bead out. Not fun at all. So if you find Ben sticking another bead up his nose... let him give Miss Nancy a phone call. LOL!
I'm glad he's OK. I pray the rest of your weekend is rather low key and uneventful, as far as taking kids to the ER, etc.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Ok, I can relate, Avrielle has a bead bracelet, and one day when I was at the gym, I hear over the loud speaker, "Will Lauren Smith please come to babysitting." There is my beautiful daughter with a handful of purple beads in her hand and two up her nose. Not one, but two. She ended up inhaling them, and I had the joy of fishing through her poop to make sure they came out. Joy, Joy!!!
Kel, That is so funny! I hope that never happens to me but I know it will. You gave me a good laughk
Post a Comment