Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Fun

What a great day for my kiddos! A Costume Parade at school, trick-or-treating with cousins, parties with friends and lots of candy! And I can't forget to mention the perfect weather we had today! The kids chose simple, homemade costumes this year. Jacob was a soldier (a marine ~ like both of his grandpas). Karli was a Rock Star (a sweet one ~ with an I heart Dad tattoo) . Ben was going to be a "Choo-Choo" (train) again this year but when the time came, he decided that he wanted to stay home with Nana and pass out the candy. He had a great time running to the door each time the doorbell rang. My favorite part of the evening happened just after I put Ben's PJ's on. He said, "I go twick ow tweating now?" I said, "Yes, you are dressed up like a little boy who is ready for bed!" So he went and got his candy bucket, walked out to the front porch, shut the door and rang the door bell. I opened the door and he said, "Twick ow Tweat!" I gave him lots of candy and he was more happy than he would have been if he had gone to every house in the neighborhood. I love days like this where kids can be KIDS and just have fun!

No comments: