Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What's in my head...What's in my heart...

I have been wanting to write on this blog for several weeks now...but each time I think of something to share, Life Happens and my little story doesn't sound so important. Don't get me wrong ~ I love sharing little treasures and tidbits about our family and I love reading about yours. It's just that the weight of everyday life has been heavy on my heart. I am learning to trust God more each day and to depend on Him when times of trial and uncertainty come. Another lesson I am learning is to value each day and make the most of it (as opposed to just "making it to bedtime").

Here's a glimpse of what is in my head (Yes, I do think in Bullet Points ~ Jon loves it!):

*Reese Kostjuk: What a miracle her life was! I was constantly encouraged by the faith of Todd & Ashley. I am amazed that God gave her 365 days on this earth and then took her home on her birthday - what a great present!

*Jackson Christopher Castro: A perfect little miracle that I will get to meet in Heaven someday. Flavio & Michelle never waivered in their faith and belief that God is sovereign.

*Grandma Iverson: A woman who spent her 97 years serving the God she loved and the family she loved. She was a sweetheart who never said an unkind word and never forgot a birthday! She will be missed but her legacy will be passed on for generations.

*Last Friday our neighbors (2 houses down) had a major house fire. What wasn't destroyed by fire was destroyed by smoke damage. My heart goes out to this family and I am praying that our family will be an encouragement to them.

* God was good (isn't He always) to provide a new job for Jon and we are thankful. He has been in Minnesota training for 2 weeks and he has been missed! Only "2 more sleeps", as Ben says, until he comes home.

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this or if you gave up after the first paragraph! If you're still there, I'm impressed that you survived...and I'm thankful. Life is tough somedays but as believers, we have HOPE. We know that JOY is not related to our circumstances and that God will give us peace that surpasses all understanding.

When Life Happens, I go to this verse:
Psalm 61:1-2
"Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Well said Kel.

Sara said...

Kelli,

It is so good to write (and read!) about both the light and the heavy thoughts from our days here on Earth. Plus, I love the added perspective it gives to us "internet friends"!

It's been quite a year, hasn't it? So much heartache and so much rejoicing. And through it all we know that God is good and that He truly does orchestrate all things for our good. Pretty humbling to try and wrap my little brain around that amazing truth!

I loved this post and love that awesome verse you left all us readers with at the end! Thanks for the encouragement!

Love-Sara

P.S. Yeah! for Jon getting home! Hope you get to have some fun family time!

Ashley Kostjuk said...

Kelli, I'm thankful for you and for your constant encouragement with all our ups and down with sweet Reesie. I know you always thought you were so far away but the Lord continually used you. God has blessed you with a caring and sensitive heart. You were faithful to check in with us and your calls and notes always came at the most perfect time. I'm thankful for you and it's through these times that the Lord strengthens our relationships not only with Himself but with the friendships He has blessed us with. I love you and your sweet family.
p.s. now move back to California!!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

oh girlie this is so good!! I'm so thankful that I know about your blog and have the opportunity to hear your heart! You are such a wise and sweet and wonderful gal!! PS, now move back to TEXAS :) hehe