Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Heart Changed Forever




"For God So loved the world that He gave His One and Only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Good Friday is the day we remember the sacrifice that our Lord made for us. We remember that He was punished for our sins and that because of Him, we can have Salvation and eternal life with Him.

Our family will never forget Good Friday of 2009. This truly was a GOOD FRIDAY because Jacob became a Christian on that day. As we were sitting in the church service singing about our Savior and remembering what Jesus did for us, I prayed for Jacob. That his heart would be soft to what he would hear that night. As Communion was being served, Jacob and Jon began quietly talking about what communion is. This conversation between Father & Son turned into Jacob wanting to become a Chrisitan. Jon led Jacob in a prayer of repentance and salvation. When I looked over and realized what was occuring - that my son's life would be forever changed - the tears began to fall. Jacob was able to take communion on the very night that Jesus entered his heart. What a wonderful memory that will always be to our family.

There is nothing better than having your child love and believe in Jesus. Nothing compares! We will continue to pray for Jacob's heart (& Karli's) that they would grow in their faith and love for our Lord. We will continue to pray for our little Ben, too - that he would someday pray to receive Jesus as his Savior too!

"I will praise You, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praises to Your name." Psalm 9:1-2
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

michelle said...

kelli,
That is so AWESOME!!!! There is no greater joy than to know our babies walk with the Lord!!! What a GREAT Friday God gave to you guys!!!

PRAISE THE LORD FOR SALVATION!!!

love you guys!!!

Kristy said...

Well I couldn't help but cry on this one Kelli. I can only imagine how great that would be to experience my child desiring to receive Christ. And to have Jon be a part of it is even better. How great! The Lord is so good!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

I'm all teary!!! :) YAY!!!!!!