Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Heart Chicago!


I do love Chicago...the beautiful big city, museums, Lake Michigan, 4 Seasons... Well, 3 out of 4 seasons are high on my list of favorites. :) I usually like winter, but let me tell you about today. The high temp was ZERO degrees and with the windchill (Translation: what it feels like outside) was -25 degrees! But life must go on: Walking kids to and from school, running errands (Yes, I needed something at Target) and going to the gym all meant that we had to brave the cold.

Anyway, days like this make me thankful for the little things in life: Seat Warmers in my Car, Scarves, and a nice cup of Hot Chocolate with Marshmellows. :-)

I hope you are all enjoying your day!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I thought of you last night while watching the Weather Channel. They were talking about the wind chill in Chicago.

It's cold here in Dallas, high 35 today, but I can't even fathom what you're experiencing.

Just think... Only 143 more days until summer!!! My favorite season. The hotter the better. Some people don't like the heat, but you don't have to shovel it out of you driveway! ;0)

Nancy