Rewind 9 years to Jacob being born...Rewind 6 1/2 years to Karli's birth... Years of cartoons and playdates, trips to the park and naptimes (oh how I miss those). Fast Forward to yesterday, August 25th - The First Day of School. Jacob is a 3rd Grader and Karli is a 1st Grader! What happened to those years? How did they get by me so fast? I am thankful for each moment and memory with my kids over the years. We still have lots of memories to make during the school year and we are all looking forward to that.
The first day of school was successful! We had a special Breakfast and a very organized morning and calm morning. The kids and I walked to school and found their teachers and classmates by the playground. Both kids are thankful to have several familiar faces in their classes this year and their teachers seem to be sweet. Even after all of these years I still get teary eyed watching my kids walk into the school. (That only happens on the 1st day!) The kids were fine, however and ready to begin a new year. Jacob did wonder why the summer was so short!
Ben and I headed home to begin a new chapter in his little life. He loves to play with Jacob and Karli so this year I will be his buddy during the day. I can't wait to spend one-on-one time with him. So Fun!
This fall is busy for us (not sure if we ever have a "slow" season). Karli is playing soccer, Jacob is playing Flag Football and both kids are still taking piano lessons. Awana begins next week and the kids are excited (even Ben will go).
So now you are caught up on our family. Thank you for checking our blog!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like a busy and fun day! They look so cute and I can't believe that they are so big!!! The time does pass way too quickly!!!
Oh my! Your rewind sounds like my current life. I cannot even believe that yours are so big now. I remember Ashley and I babysitting Jacob at I think he was around 6 months old. That was 9 years ago? That would be strange to have just 1 left at home. I am sure that you will enjoy and cherish that special time with him. Cute pictures...your family is the cutest.
Post a Comment