Time: 8:42. 5 minutes before we need to walk out the door for school. Karli comes down the stairs with a comb in her hair. Yes, it was STUCK in her hair. It wasn't just your standard comb, this one has extra teeth to make combing long hair easier. :-( Let me set the picture for you: I'm reviewing a story with Jacob for his test today, Ben is in his PJ's eating oatmeal, Jon is on the phone talking about work (have you heard anything about AIG lately?), and Karli is sitting at the table with tears in her eyes because this comb won't budge. I had to leave Karli with the comb in her hair and run Jacob across the street to school. A few minutes later, I was working on the hair crisis again. I was trying to be positive for Karli's sake...but in my mind I was thinking that her beautiful hair was going to have a huge chunk missing from it. After spending many more minutes with no success, I knew we needed the Professionals! We loaded up and drove to the salon. I told Karli that the ladies may smile at her because it did look a little silly to have a comb stuck in her hair. That's when I shared an important life lesson with her: Sometimes it is better to LAUGH than to CRY. So we giggled a little bit. The sweet lady at the salon worked for a long time and finally got the comb to release its grip from my daughter's hair. :) Whew...another crisis is over! Karli was an hour late for school and has an interesting story to tell her teacher.
Lesson learned: Just when you think that you have made it to the end of the week and can finally relax...don't get too comfortable! Life happens 24/7!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I think you should have left it in. It's a great accessory.
Loved the story, Kelly. Glad to hear "life" happens to other people too. =) I've been wondering how this financial situation is for Jon. We will be praying for him and ya'll.
Love, Megan
oh that sweet girl!! you are such a great mom Kelly to be able to tell her to choose to laugh - I know your mom taught you that! Makes me remember your mom's laugh, it was so infectious! :)
I'm glad you could laugh and not get frustrated! Cute story. It seems like these things happen always right before school.
Post a Comment