Thursday, May 21, 2009

Smile - It's Summertime!



Today my little Ben finished his 1st year of preschool. When I walked him into his classroom 8 months ago he was a shy little 3 year old...not sure if he wanted to be away from Mommy (actually, he was positive that he didn't want to be away from me!). We are so thankful for 2 wonderful & caring teachers who loved Ben and made his first school experience a good one. Ben (or Bennie - which is what he told his teachers to call him) learned so much more than I expected and he has matured throughout the year. This is all good...except it means that MY BABY is growing up. I sat at his "graduation" with a few tears in my eyes...remembering his birth and all of his milestones...then I realized that it is only preschool and he does have another full year until Kindergarten. So, I decided to wipe the tears and celebrate this fun day with my little sweetie. We had fun saying good-bye to his teachers and friends and the best part of the day for Ben was getting to eat a Popsicle on the playground. It was a good day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: