It is definetly Summertime here @ the Iverson house! Everyone in the family has been sleeping in - even the dog! Staying up late and eating daily popsicles has become the norm. WE LOVE SUMMER! It is a blessing to have all the kids home together...to not have to rush out anywhere...and to just be a bit more relaxed than usual (yes, an OCDish person can relax). :) The only thing I'm sad about is how quickly summer is going by. It is one hour away from being July and time is not slowing down.
Here's a recap of what we've been up to (pictures will follow - just not tonight):
*I now have a 4th grader, 2nd grader and preschooler
*Vacation to Cali: Lots of fun family days...Resolved, Dodger Game, Beach, Hollywood (for Jessi & Karli), In N' Out (3times), an Almost Surprise Baby Shower for Ami...and many more fun things...
* Jacob took Golf Lessons & Loved it.
*Karli took a Cheerleading class ~ she's cute!
*Jacob in Baseball and Karli in Softball - both doing great!
*Ben is still taking his gymnastics class and just has fun following the big kids around. :)
*Spending the 4th of July in Wisconsin with my family - looking forward to seeing them all!
WHEW...I know that everyone's life is so busy...it's good to slow down and think about it all and make sure that we (I'm speaking to myself - ME) are thankful for all we have and are able to do. God is so good to us ~ in Big things and in the Small. Another thing we are doing this summer is encouraging our children to spend time reading scripture and praying to the Lord each day. Above all else, that is what we want them to remember from Summer '09.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow! Sounds busy but fun busy! I still can't believe that you have children as old as you do...life is flying by! I love that you are encouraging them to read God's words and pray everyday...such a key habit to walking with God that many adults struggle with...so good to start that habit young so that hopefully it will become a part of them. Good job mommy Kelli!
Post a Comment