We just returned from an exciting evening at our kids school. It was Open House night. I really do enjoy going to their classrooms and seeing their teachers and some of the work they have done throughout the year. Karli has been talking about "Open House" for several weeks and when I asked Jacob about it earlier today, He said "Huh, it's tonight." :) Yet another difference between a Kindergarten Girl and a Second Grade Boy.
Both of the kids love school and we are so proud of their achievements. They had some projects that they have been working on for us to see. Here is what Jacob wrote:
Jacob: "My family is awesome. My brother plays catch with me. He also wrestles with me. My mom makes me food. My mom makes great peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. My dad works hard. He is nice because he goes skateboarding with me in the summer. My sister likes to play board games with me. We do crafts together. My family is cool. I have a goofy family. I love my family."
Karli drew some interesting pictures of her family and said that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up.
It's crazy to think that Jacob is almost finished with 2nd grade and that Karli is finishing her Kindergarten year. They grow up so fast! I am reminded of a favorite book of mine entitled, "Let Me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury. If you haven't read it, it's a good one...just be sure to have a box of Kleenex nearby.
That's all for tonight. My 3 little ones are now in bed and I am soon to follow...
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
How funny... We just got back from Micah's open house as well. The evening was nice, but Amanda was whining and scremaing just about the whole entire time. Ugh! She wanted out of her stroller and run around, but there were way too many people walking around to allow her to roam free. So minus our screaming banshee, we enjoyed Micah's open house very much. ;0)
I hope we get see you at church on Sunday. If you have time, maybe we all have lunch together afterwards. I know you're only in town for a few days, but I would love to have lunch if you're available.
Post a Comment